We ensure a continuously high quality of our products by the following measures:
- We obtain our mouhrooms from a few producers only. These producers have proved competent after a thorough selection process and we are working with some of these suppliers since 2004. Therefore we have cooperations based on long and trusting relationships.
- We buy directly from the producers ad not from European traders.
Quality ensurance measures:
- Imports of critical products such as Butter Mushroom from Ecuador or Boletus from China are carried out in frozen state in « Reefer » containers.
- Of each imported lot we make laboratory analysis including pesticides, microbiology and the heavy metals Cadmium, Lead and Quicksilver.
- Mushrooms from South East Europe are additionally analysed for radioactivity.
Below you can see analysis samples :
- Immediately after in Germany arrival all our mushrooms are stored in our temperature controlled warehouse "Kulhaus Grimmenthal" in Thuringen at minus 25°C. This proceeding ensures a stable and continuous quality in respect to color, taste and moisture. It also serves as a measure of pest control.
Our culinary mushrooms are processed by the company Maxfood GmbH in Wolfmannshausen some 20 km away from our warehouse. Maxfood GmbH is a well established company equipped with the best available stainless steel technology offering various processing methods such as:
- CO2 pressure tunnels
- X-ray detection
- Vacuum cleaning to remove heavy particles such as stones and clay as well as light particles such as papers, hairs, leaves and grass
- Diasteril line for Germ reduction through a linear continuous short heating process followed immediately by an active cooling process
- Mills for powders and granules
- All machines are equipped with very sensitive metal detectors - the precision is ferrous > 0,8mm, non- ferrous > 1,2mm